Damonte Dodd given permission to play basketball in Poland before trial for rape charges begins

A judge has allowed former Maryland basketball player Damonte Dodd to leave the country to play basketball in Poland, according to court documents.

Dodd, who is facing multiple charges of rape stemming from an alleged Halloween night incident with an intoxicated woman in College Park, was originally ordered to surrender his passport to his attorney, pending the conclusion of the case.

However, on July 30, Dodd requested that the court allow him to travel to Poland, beginning Aug. 8, according to court documents.

On July 6, a Prince George’s County judge approved his request and ordered that his passport be turned back to him. Dodd is still unable to have contact with the alleged victim, any witnesses, and he must stay away from College Park.

According to court documents, the trial is set to take place on Nov. 7.

Daniel Oyefusi

Daniel Oyefusi is a senior in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is majoring in Multiplatform Journalism and minoring in Law and Society. This fall, he covered Maryland football for The Left Bench, a student-run campus publication. This past summer, Daniel worked as an intern at TMZ, specifically assisting in the TMZ Sports department. He has written for other publications, including Terp Magazine and The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper. He is also president of the Maryland Association of Black Journalists and Vice President of Media and Web Content for the UMD Sports Business Society.
About Daniel Oyefusi 90 Articles