The Dotted Line: Three-star back Jordan Houston commits to Maryland

A day after getting a commit from three-star safety Trey Rucker from Oakton, Virginia, Maryland football has received a commit from one of his teammates.

Three-star running back Jordan Houston, who is in the Class of 2019 and plays alongside Rucker at Flint Hill School, committed to Maryland Monday afternoon.

A 5-foot-9, 180-pound back, Houston is rated as the eighth-best all purpose back in his class, as well as the No. 18 player in Virginia, according to 247Sports.

Houston gives Maryland their 10th hard commit in the 2019 recruiting class, which has now risen from 14th to 13th in the Big Ten. The recruiting class ranks 58th nationwide.

Daniel Oyefusi

Daniel Oyefusi is a senior in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is majoring in Multiplatform Journalism and minoring in Law and Society. This fall, he covered Maryland football for The Left Bench, a student-run campus publication. This past summer, Daniel worked as an intern at TMZ, specifically assisting in the TMZ Sports department. He has written for other publications, including Terp Magazine and The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper. He is also president of the Maryland Association of Black Journalists and Vice President of Media and Web Content for the UMD Sports Business Society.
About Daniel Oyefusi 90 Articles