The Dotted Line: Three-star safety Trey Rucker commits to Maryland

The 2018 season hasn’t started yet but Maryland football has received another commit from the Class of 2019.

Trey Rucker, a three-star recruit from Oakton, Virginia, committed to the program and announced his decision on Twitter Sunday evening.

According to 247Sports, Rucker is the No. 28 high school player in Virginia and the No. 89 safety in the nation.

Rucker is the ninth recruit to give Maryland a hard commit. As of now, the recruiting class ranks 14th in the Big Ten.

Daniel Oyefusi

Daniel Oyefusi is a senior in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is majoring in Multiplatform Journalism and minoring in Law and Society. This fall, he covered Maryland football for The Left Bench, a student-run campus publication. This past summer, Daniel worked as an intern at TMZ, specifically assisting in the TMZ Sports department. He has written for other publications, including Terp Magazine and The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper. He is also president of the Maryland Association of Black Journalists and Vice President of Media and Web Content for the UMD Sports Business Society.
About Daniel Oyefusi 90 Articles