Terrapin sophomore Justin Jackson (21) guards Bison senior Stephen Brown (2) as Brown dribbles the ball. (Emily Morina/ The Left Bench)

Denver Nuggets select Justin Jackson with No. 43 pick, draft rights traded to Orlando

The wait was probably a little longer than he had hoped for, but Justin Jackson is joining Kevin Huerter in the NBA.

The Denver Nuggets selected the sophomore forward in the second round with the No. 43 overall pick.

Jackson’s draft stock took a dramatic fall over the last year. After testing the draft waters following his freshman year, he returned to Maryland for his sophomore campaign to solidify his first-round draft projection. However, he appeared in only 11 games before suffering a torn labrum that eventually required season-ending surgery.

The Ontario native should be ready to return to the court for the start of Summer League and compete for a roster spot in Denver, as his second-round draft status likely won’t come with a fully guaranteed contract.

Update:

According to reports, Jackson’s draft rights have been traded to the Orlando Magic.

Daniel Oyefusi

Daniel Oyefusi is a senior in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is majoring in Multiplatform Journalism and minoring in Law and Society. This fall, he covered Maryland football for The Left Bench, a student-run campus publication. This past summer, Daniel worked as an intern at TMZ, specifically assisting in the TMZ Sports department. He has written for other publications, including Terp Magazine and The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper. He is also president of the Maryland Association of Black Journalists and Vice President of Media and Web Content for the UMD Sports Business Society.
About Daniel Oyefusi 88 Articles