Linebacker Chance Campbell commits to Maryland

Three-star recruit Chance Campbell, from Calvert Hall College (Md.) committed to Maryland this afternoon.

The 6-foot-2. 220-pound linebacker had offers from several schools including Pitt, Michigan State, and Virginia but has decided to stay in-state.

“It checked all the boxes I had and I got to stay home,” Campbell said of his reason for choosing Maryland.

The Terps have already gotten the 2018 recruiting class off to a good start, landing Dematha players defensive tackle Austin Fountaine and offensive lineman Evan Gregory in April, and now the team has landed Campbell.

Daniel Oyefusi

Daniel Oyefusi is a senior in the Philip Merrill College of Journalism at the University of Maryland, College Park. He is majoring in Multiplatform Journalism and minoring in Law and Society. This fall, he covered Maryland football for The Left Bench, a student-run campus publication. This past summer, Daniel worked as an intern at TMZ, specifically assisting in the TMZ Sports department. He has written for other publications, including Terp Magazine and The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper. He is also president of the Maryland Association of Black Journalists and Vice President of Media and Web Content for the UMD Sports Business Society.
About Daniel Oyefusi 90 Articles