The Dotted Line: Five-star Isaiah Wilson commits to Georgia

Isaiah Wilson announced his commitment to the University of Georgia earlier today.

The 6-foot-7, 360-pound offensive tackle from Poly Prep Country Day School in Brooklyn, New York, was the No. 32 recruit in the nation according to the 247SportsComposite

Wilson held a ceremony at his school to announce his decision. He streamed the event live on Facebook and later sent out a tweet with his decision.

Wilson listed playing early, attending a top business school, and coaching security as deciding factors in his decision making process in an interview with DawgNation.

Michigan and Alabama were among Wilson’s other options. There was a sense that Michigan was the most likely landing spot based on 247 Sports’ “Crystal Ball Predictions,” but he took an official visit to Georgia this past weekend and is now officially a Bulldog.

Georgia added to an already loaded recruiting class with Wilson’s announcement. Their class is ranked third in the nation, according to the 247 Sports team rankings. Wilson is the second five-star recruit to head to Athens, joining safety Richard LeCounte III.

“I saw the class that they built,” Wilson told DawgNation. “I was around the guys during my official visit. Everything just clicked. It seemed like we knew each other for forever. We are definitely going to do something special over the next three-four years.”

Joe Malfa

Joe Malfa

Recruiting Writer at The Left Bench
Joe, a freshman journalism major from Elmwood Park, New Jersey, was able to identify the logos of all 122 teams in the four major sports leagues before he knew simple multiplication. He joined his high school newspaper as a freshman, which is when he realized he could combine his passion for sports with his writing and broadcasting skills in order to make a living.
Joe Malfa

Latest posts by Joe Malfa (see all)

About Joe Malfa 16 Articles